CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Really, I don't beat my children!

This was the biggest bruise I've ever seen in my life - it stuck out like 2 cm! And it grew before my eyes, like he was growing a horn. He fell into the rock on the fireplace. Sad! I'm just glad he hit it on the side, and not on the corner! That would have been awful!
We then added Isaac to the picture with his day-old bruise from slipping on water left on the floor. Matthew didn't have a bruise, so he couldn't be in the picture. However, a few days later I got called into the school because Matthew decided to kiss the pavement and cut up both knees, an elbow and put his teeth through his upper lip! It was so traumatic, I forgot to take a picture. No teeth knocked out, but one might turn gray. Good thing it was before school pictures!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! That looks SO painful- poor guy!

Mica said...

Oooooowwwwwwwwww! That things huge!
Don't you hate when things like that happen and there's really nothing you can do about it! It reminds me of the pictures I took of Mikelle when she fell off of the top bunk bed and hit the metal bars of the bottom one on the way down! She looked quite beat up with bruises and fat lips! And Austin got his first big bruise(in the same place as Andrews) when he decided to get out of the high chair by himself! Life is crazy,huh?

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

Boys and bruises seem to go together.

Cassondra said...

Poor little boys. That first picture of Andrew is so heart wrenching. I feel sad for Matthew, too. What a week for you! Seriously! I'm glad everyone is okay.

A tip to avoid those kind of lumps when your kids fall: lay your hand flat over their injury and brush over it (away from the heart - unless it's on their head, then any direction is fine). Brush it fairly firmly for a long time - longer for worse injuries. It keeps the blood moving so it doesn't clot up and make a huge sore lump. And it lessens their pain 10 fold, too. I remember my mom brushing my broken arm all the way to the hospital once. It was uncomfortable (obviously! with the bone broken and all...) so I told her to stop. But as soon as she stopped, the blood started to pool there and the pain sky rocketed. I've seen it work wonders way to many times to count.

I hope that made sense and comes in handy for you.

Have a happy day my friend!
Cassondra

How many licks to the center of a tootsie roll pop?