CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Poo Cake in my New Kitchen

Isaac is successful at potty training! Good Job Isaac!This is his special "poo" cake! Can you tell we are a family of boys? Kristen, don't you thing Sis. Hom would have found this appalling? HaHa! This cake was promised but not delivered until two weeks after that promise - yes, it took him 2 weeks to finally go in the potty! So, by the time it was "poo" cake day, I was out of eggs! I had heard you can put pureed beans in brownies instead of the oil, so I thought, why not cake? After all, it is a "poo" cake, so if it tastes gross, the kids will like licking off the frosting and we will throw the rest away. With much reservation, I added in some pureed beans to the chocolate cake box mix, added a cup of frozen zucchini (pureed also) from last years garden, and put in 1 cup of buttermilk that was going to waste.... and it was the best tasting cake we have ever eaten!!!!!! I wrote the recipe down because it was so amazing and so now I have shared it with you all!


My Grandma and Grandpa came to St. George to get out of the cold Northern Utah weather! We love having them come visit!So, when my Grandma walked into my home, she said, "I love your home, but it needs some color!" So, here's before.......

Here's after! My Grandma is amazing! She is 73 and did almost all of it! I love having her here for a whole month!FYI
Poo Cake Recipe

1 chocolate cake box mix
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed and pureed
1 c grated zucchini, pureed
1/2 - 1 c buttermilk

Mix all together and bake according to package directions! Frost when cooled! Add chopped walnuts or crushed candy canes to add if you want!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I love the Poo cake. That is a classic. What a fun mom you are. Ok, and your Gma rocks!! Holy Cow!

Scott and Kaitlin said...

Bec! That's awesome!!! Grandma always remodels people's houses... haha! She did it to Mom's too. I don't know if I could ever be so daring as to make a change like that but it looks so good! :)

P.S. I'm totally making a poo cake for Scott's 8 year anniversary of being a member. haha Love you!

Karly Michelsen said...

I love the color of your kitchen, but a cake with beans...not sure about that lol...

Mica said...

Your new kitchen looks awesome!!! How fun! And I'm gonna have to give you my yummy heathly fudge recipe someday! Maybe we'll try your "poo" cake for the next birthday....which is mine....hmmmm! :) Sorry but the title just doesn't help it sound too appetizing....ha ha!

Cassondra said...

You. Are. Amazing! I am so thankful to have a friend that inspires me. Your cake idea was really brave (something I need to be more of) and I'm glad it turned out so yummy! What a cute potty training idea - especially for boys - hilarious!

I can't believe your grandma! How great is she?!?! Your kitchen looks really beautiful! I bet it is so fun to have a splash of color in there now. It's like getting a cute new shirt for your kitchen! :)

Sheila said...

That is hilarious!! LOVE this idea, I'm thinking that one might just stick around in this household as well!!! You kitchen looks fab!!!

Scott and Kaitlin said...

Ok, I totally made the cake yesterday and it was alright. I tried a piece today, and it was AMAZING!!

kp said...

You are handling 4 boys quite well :) And the color of your kitchen is so similar to the color of my dinning room--it ended up more orange than I had planned but then I loved it!!

Douglass Family said...

I can't believe you made a poo cake. I am laughing my head off! I have always said you are the cutest mom ever, and I think this post tops it all! We miss you guys and hope to take a trip down to SG soon. I can't believe how your little guys are growing. The pictures are absolutely darling!
HUGS from HIGHLAND!

Hazembullers said...

Becca and Tim, we just miss being able to drive down and see you... won't you move to NC?
I remember your grandma Becca. She is a very sweet person.
Your home looks grand. Great memories...

We love you all the way to heaven and back.

The Hazembullers

How many licks to the center of a tootsie roll pop?